Monday, June 25, 2012

McDonald's Should Not Go Thru With Drive Thru Plans

Statement by Aodhán Ó Ríordáin
Labour Party TD for Dublin North Central
Monday, 25th June 2012

Labour Party TD Aodhán Ó Ríordáin has called on McDonald’s Restaurant in Artane Castle not to go through with plans to extend their ‘drive-thru’ service to 24 hours.


Deputy Ó Ríordáin stated: “I have written to the manager of McDonald’s Artane and the Managing Director of McDonald’s Ireland to request that the branch not proceed with the 24 hour extension.

“Since McDonald’s made this application to Dublin City Council, a significant number of residents from St. David’s and Pinebrook estates have contacted me to express their concern about the knock on effect of the restaurant operating through the night. At a public meeting in the Goblet Public House which I facilitated, issues such as noise pollution and anti-social behaviour were raised with me. Following on from this I objected to the application by McDonald’s.

“However, even though this objection was ultimately unsuccessful, I have requested that McDonald’s not proceed with their plans in the interest of good community relations and instead, I have requested a meeting with the Managing Director of McDonald’s Ireland in order to reach a compromise which would be amenable to all parties concerned.”