Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Flood Warning

Dear Resident,

As you may be aware, MET Eireann have issued a weather advisory warning of extremely heavy rainfall in the east of the country from Tuesday 24/04/12 through to Thursday 26/04/12.

Rainfall of between 12mm-15mm is expected in some areas bringing with it the risk of flooding.

I know residents in areas such as Artane and Donnycarney, and small business owners in Raheny and Clontarf, will be particularly concerned about this given that they have been the victims of heavy flooding in the past. I want to assure residents that Cllr. Jane Horgan-Jones and I are currently liaising with officials in Dublin City Council to ensure that absolutely every measure is being taken to protect home and business owners in these areas.

Further, over the coming days I would ask residents to take a moment and consult useful websites such as Dublin City Council and http://www.flooding.ie/ Here you will find advice and tips on preparing flood plans and emergency contact numbers.

I would also encourage residents to check in on relatives and neighbours who may be elderly or have limited mobility.

In addition, I received confirmation from the Ceann Comhairle today that I will be allowed raise the matter of flooding in the Dáil tomorrow.

Finally, should you have any queries regarding flooding or should you require assistance then please don't hesitate to contact me at any time.

Aodhán.